Thursday, August 12, 2010

Scrapping 8.5 x 11

When Theo and I were first together, and also when Ben was young I spent the money on huge 12 x 12 scrapbooks and refill pages. I like to keep an album for each child's age year and one yearly family album. You can see, the cost would be pretty high with these goals. By the time Hunter was born I'd grown so frustrated with the cost of albums! Who has $40 for a nice albu that comes with only 10 pages in it, and then another $6-7 bucks for 10 more page refills that barely fit in the album anyway? Not me.
I had my eye on a few 8.5 x 11 layouts popping up in magazines more frequently. I did some searching, and found 2-ring binders and 8.5 x 11 page covers (by the office company Avery) were far more feasable, and I never looked back. I love that I don't have to fiddle with the binding apparatus on the old 12 x 12 scrapbooks, and the amount of the pages I can squeeze in each 2 inch 3 ring binder album is seemingly limitless. If they do fill up, I can easily buy another 3-ring binder for $3 max.
Most of Hunter's pages are 8.5 x 11, and I love them! Here are a few recent favs of Hunter, all photos from 2008 when my munchkin was still only 2







Happy scrapping!

No comments: