Thursday, April 16, 2009

Turns out I'm pretty good at Poker.

Theo and Jason have learned to play poker recently from a new friend we've made, another one of the pre-school dads who runs a local poker league. They've been playing at home, not for cash, just chips, and from a distance I admired the game and the fun they were having. I decided I needed to learn how to play. My dad loved poker, and I never had the chance to learn from him.
I learned, and although I often need reminders and help, I enjoy the game. One night I decided to play with everyone. The guys even put on their "poker" gear.
Here's Jason:

Later, Jason switched to Ben's goofy hat.
Theo:
Big Ben
Alyssa and I didn't need costumes. :)

And look who won! I played well enough to beat even the seasoned veteran, Ben. I was so tickled with myself. I may or may not have made three male "parts" to flaunt all my poker chips. I also may or may not have had a whole bottle of wine that night, too. ;) Good times.

1 comment:

Misty said...

I always knew you had it in you. Next stop, Vegas!