Saturday, January 12, 2013

Some Life-Fitness Goals

I've been saying for years that I want to try snowshoeing. Each time winter really sets in I'm so far back out of shape that snowshoeing doesn't seem worth the investment. Afterall, if I can only go a 1/4 of mile, spending hundreds should probably go towards a gym or more fresh produce...

This week we went walking out into the woods where Theo hunts to take down his stuff for the season.  We ventured on a brief walk through some deep snow that hadn't been walked through yet. I'm not gonna lie, it challengd me.  I've been sick, and my lungs aren't exactly healthy- and I was way too out of shape to keep myself from huffing and puffing, and then coughing to an embarassing level. It all made me want to get some damn snowshoes and try again.

Flash forward later this week we are at Cabela's, and I'm eye-balling the snow shoes. I decided to make achieving the snowshoe goal a main tenet in this life-changing journey to lose weight. I want to be able to march out Cabela's for Christmas (or even late fall) and get those snowshoes- and not feel the least bit bad about it.




No comments: