Monday, April 7, 2008

Outside in th Breeze

I ran out to take pictures of the yard and the boys followed. I thought you'd like to see how cute they are. They've been so rough lately. Hunter hit Ben in the head with a die cast metal car this week, making a big spot on his head. Today Ben was horsing around on the edge of the sofa and fell, his back landing on a toy. Hunter was dancing under a blanket and basically bit the coffee table, causing a big fat and bleeding lip. I have to say, I was feet away from each of these incidents saying, "Ben, get off that sofa, now!" and "Hunter, don't hit people!" and "Get that blanket off your head, you're going to hurt yourself!" The boys look so charming and happy outside, but I can assure you they're devils in cute little boy costumes. I was exhausted after a 4 day weekend without Theo (he had training). I was asleep by 8:00pm last night. I think I came close to losing my voice from shouting at them. I'm here to tell you, I love my kids, and I know I'm going to miss them being this age, but they are not easy to take care of 24 hours a day.








I'd also like to say, do my friends rock or what? Misty and Stumpf, thank you for making my feelings easier to digest. I let myself rest all afternoon. Just because the scale said mean things this morning, doesn't erase how much I busted my ass around the house and in the garden this last 4 days. My fibromyalgia hurt, and rest was the cure, not pushing myself even further. I also had a lean cuisine for dinner. With Theo at class, I could fix something for the boys and cut back with a controlled meal for myself. I want to get back 2 sizes smaller than I am right now. Each time I hit the store I'm coming home with bigger and bigger pants and tops; I'd like to stop this pattern. I want my 22's to be too big, not fitting. Thanks ladies. It helps me to write about this topic, so I might do this more often when I struggle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how quickly the weather changes there, the kids are able to play outside in t-shirts and the grass is getting greener. i can't tell you have excited i am to move, i just want it to be august already damn it!!!

oh and by the way..I scrapbooked again....my layouts came out awesome

miss ya

<3 alyssa

Anonymous said...

Glad you found some comfort in my own weight loss rant the other day. I would like to echo Misty's comments & say that you are beautiful - both inside & out. Please stop beating yourself up every morning & night. It's really going to throw off your chi - and I like your chi.

BTW - I have the Christmas pic you sent on my fridge. I look at it everyday & think DAMN, she hasn't aged a bit. And I hate you just a little because of it. ;)

~Stumpf