Friday, March 30, 2012

This week I got out one more burst of creative energy before I begin prepping for my trip. One of my favorite things to do with the flower brooches I make is to pin them to my infinity scarves. Here is my current favorite example- I made this wool felt flower with a bead cluster center, and found it coordinated nicely with this great orangey peach floral infinity scarf. TaDa! The items are for sale seperately, but I highly suggest you buy them both! :) Here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/jamiesierraknits
 I also made this great tiny 2" yo-yo brooch this week. I would love to see it on an orange scarf, or straw summer hat. Cute pale orchid/lavender vintage button in the center.
 Another new flower that has me excited... a great gray floral twice sewn yo-yo topped with a hand sewn taupe floral, and a nice shell bead in the center. Yum! I think it would so cute on a rustic satchel or denim jacket?
The trees are starting to bloom outside right now, and it is wonderful. I have been under the weather since last night, but I got off my butt and vacuumed and washed the floors. I feel a tiny bit better, but plan on resting the whole night.

No comments: