Sunday, July 4, 2010

Goal-Oriented

We accomplished one of the fun things on my Summer To-Do list yesterday. We went for lunch in New Glarus, at our favorite place, The Glarner Stube, and then drove along the Suagr River (catching it in Monticello and heading south) until we found a spot to fish.




We have crossed over the Sugar River on drives to and from Monroe and New Glarus a hundred times and I've always been drawn to it. Perhaps because it's small in width, and seemingly harmless in current. I have always wanted to jump out of the car, and sit along the shore. That's why I added it to the Summer List; I'm glad I did, because we found a wonderful shore spot to sit. The temperature was about 80, and the breeze was incredible. Couldn't have been more perfect. I read a book in my fuzzy leopard print camp chair, and these guys fished.




So peaceful.

Theo:

Benjamin:

Hunter:


I thought I'd have Theo snap a picture of my weight loss progress, also. I have now lost 36 lbs since December 31st. Most of the pants I was wearing when started do not fit, and last year's summer clothes are getting too lose. I was able to button a size 18 this week... given that I was a good solid size 26 when this lifestyle change began, I am happy, happy, happy. I could not be more pleased.
I feel very excited to have gained my strength back. I completed a 5K walk last month, and my back pain is very limited; when I do have problems I know how to handle them with my physical therapy and tens unit. I do have bad days, but they are far less frequent. I am enjoyed playing with food, and keeping myself satisied.
I am averaging about 1.3 lbs a week. I have a long way to go, still 76 lbs until I reach my goal of 190lbs. At this rate, I can hope to be back in my cute 16/18 jeans by late fall/christmas, or sooner. I may be at my goal in time for my 32nd birthday. Most importantly, all symptoms of possible diabetes are gone, and I can walk again!
Yahoo!
Happy 4th of July everyone!

No comments: