Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer To-Do List

The first day of summer has passed, and I feel the need to make a to-do list of sorts. I want to soak this whole season up! We have already had some serious fun, catching fireflies, slip n' sliding, jumping in fountains, and swimming...



1. Put fireflies in a mason jar.
2. Go for a hike in the Kettle Morraine.
3. Bird watch here.
4. Let the kids paint masterpieces outside.
5. Go fishing on the Sugar River.
6. Swim in Lake Michigan.
7. Go to Cedarburg.
8. See Josh Turner, and Jason Aldean sing, live. Not together.
9. Smell lilies growing in the garden.
10. Make homemade Pesto.
11. Go camping.
12. Watch a sunset.
13. See these waterfalls.
14. Sun-dry my home grown tomatos.
15. Photograph a hummingbird.
16. Sun-bathe.
17. Laugh uncontrollably.
18. Learn to can.
19. Take the kids to a water park.
20. Look for Moose in Northern Wisconsin.
21. Have a picnic.
22. Have a garage sale.
23. Allow myself to sit in the garden, and relax.
24. Join the local Garden Guild.
25. Watch fireworks & play with sparklers.

3 comments:

leena! said...

I can help out with #10 and #18 for sure. I have a whole host of how to can posts on my blog. And as for #17...check it out. If this doesn't make you laugh, nothing will. http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2010/05/19/best-in-show-2/

Have a great summer!

Blind Specs said...

I hope you find that moose at the Milwaukee County Zoo. You tryin to get stomped on? Those moose can be agg-re-sive! haha!

Jamie Rex said...

Awesome Leena.
I made Pesto a handful of times last year, and it was sooo yummy. I can't wait to make more this year. I have tons of basil plants growing out there.
The canning is something I set out to do each summer, and nothing happens. I have to just do it!

LOL! I have seen the moose at the Milwuakee County Zoo, although they are elusive there. We go all the time, and they are rarely out. I do want to try and find some moose in their natural habitat, but I promise not to get myself or myself hurt. I'm keeping my distance!